About Me

My photo
Hello,and welcome to my blog. My name is Dina.Born in Greece from an English mother and a Greek father,currently living with my Dutch fiance Dave in the Republic of Ireland. My intention is to share my favourite recipes,which hopefully will find supporters who will want to try them out. The cooking,photos and comments have all been done by me. Thank you and enjoy!

Sunday 8 January 2012

Dave's quiche

Since the day I met him, Dave has always said that he makes an "amazing"quiche.My answer had always been that "I'll believe it when I try it".So not that long ago he finally decided to cook it for us ,and it was truly amazing!
I'm not sure about the quantity of the ingredients,as I was not in the kitchen while he was cooking,so please adjust according to people it's going to serve.

Serves 6

The puff  pastry was store bought
-1 courgette medium size
-1 tomato sliced
-1 onion chopped
-3 strips  bacon
-100 gr of Stilton cheese
-4 eggs beaten
-4-5 mushrooms sliced
-Salt,pepper
-Olive oil for frying
-1 glass 21cm pie plate

Preheat the oven to 180c

Fry the courgettes and bacon  on a medium fire until soft and brown.
Layer the courgettes,bacon,onions, mushrooms and tomatoes on top of the pie crust, then poor the egg mixture on top.
Bake for 35-40 minutes until the egg mixture is set.












No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Be sure to check back every day for new posts .

More Food,Blog Archive

Categories

brownies (1) butter (3) cake (1) carrot (1) cheese (1) chocolate (1) chutney's (1) cookies (3) Courgette (1) cutlery (1) Egg (2) feta (1) frosting (1) fruit (1) muffins (1) Onions (1) Pastry (1) peanut butter (1) shortbreads (1)