About Me

My photo
Hello,and welcome to my blog. My name is Dina.Born in Greece from an English mother and a Greek father,currently living with my Dutch fiance Dave in the Republic of Ireland. My intention is to share my favourite recipes,which hopefully will find supporters who will want to try them out. The cooking,photos and comments have all been done by me. Thank you and enjoy!

Monday 9 January 2012

Red Onion Chutney

Red onion chutney is my favourite!
It has a tangy flavour and goes great with goats cheese on the top of warm bread,on a pizza,or even as a topping on a juicy hamburger.
Chutney is quite common in the UK and Ireland.The first I ever had was home made and I think the jar lasted for about a day,it was that delicious.
This onion chutney keeps in the fridge for 6 months.For canning instructions, please check out this website http://www.pickyourown.org//allaboutcanning.htm.

Makes about 3-5 jars.

-8 red onions
-1 red chilli
-2 bay leaves
-15 gr olive oil
-200gr brown sugar
-150 ml balsamic vinegar
150 ml red wine vinegar

Cut your onions and chilli into thin slices, and put them into a pan with the olive and bay leaves.
Cook over a low heat for about 20 minutes.
Once the onions are dark brown add the sugar and the vinegars and simmer for 30 minutes.
After it's done leave the chutney to cool.
























No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Be sure to check back every day for new posts .

More Food,Blog Archive

Categories

brownies (1) butter (3) cake (1) carrot (1) cheese (1) chocolate (1) chutney's (1) cookies (3) Courgette (1) cutlery (1) Egg (2) feta (1) frosting (1) fruit (1) muffins (1) Onions (1) Pastry (1) peanut butter (1) shortbreads (1)