About Me

My photo
Hello,and welcome to my blog. My name is Dina.Born in Greece from an English mother and a Greek father,currently living with my Dutch fiance Dave in the Republic of Ireland. My intention is to share my favourite recipes,which hopefully will find supporters who will want to try them out. The cooking,photos and comments have all been done by me. Thank you and enjoy!

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Shortbread cookies

Shortbreads are my favourite cookies.They are commonly served during Christmas,and all you need is 3 basic ingredients, butter, sugar and flour .
To make a good shortbread you need a good quality butter ,as all the flavour comes from that.
Now days you can add nuts,melt chocolate on it and make it into various shapes.
I made a basic recipe and a basic shape,as I have never made shortbread before , and I was a bit worried about experimenting.Here it goes!

-250gr all purpose flour
-250gr of salted or unsalted good quality butter,room temperature
-60 gr of icing sugar
-1/4 teaspoon salt if you use unsalted butter

Preheat oven to 170 C
In your bowl,beat the butter until smooth.
Add the sugar and beat until smooth.Stir in the  flour without using your mixer  until all the ingredients have created a dough.Flatten the dough and wrap in a plastic wrap and leave in the fridge for an hour.
Roll out on a floured surface and cut into rounds or with any shape cookie cutter.
Put on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Be sure to check back every day for new posts .

More Food,Blog Archive

Categories

brownies (1) butter (3) cake (1) carrot (1) cheese (1) chocolate (1) chutney's (1) cookies (3) Courgette (1) cutlery (1) Egg (2) feta (1) frosting (1) fruit (1) muffins (1) Onions (1) Pastry (1) peanut butter (1) shortbreads (1)