About Me

My photo
Hello,and welcome to my blog. My name is Dina.Born in Greece from an English mother and a Greek father,currently living with my Dutch fiance Dave in the Republic of Ireland. My intention is to share my favourite recipes,which hopefully will find supporters who will want to try them out. The cooking,photos and comments have all been done by me. Thank you and enjoy!

Sunday 22 January 2012

Carrot Cake

I've never tried making carrot cake. I could never understand it. To be fair until recently I didn't even know that it contained carrots, I always thought it was called this way because of it's colour!
To be fair it's a very interesting cake. Great flavour very moist and with lovely cream cheese frosting.
It's super easy and worth trying.

Preheat over 180 C

-175 gr plain flour
-2 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp ground cinnamon
-1/2 tsp ground cloves and nutmeg
-200gr sugar
-150 gr vegetable oil
-2 eggs
-150 gr grated carrot
-80 gr chopped walnuts


For the icing
-250 gr mascarpone
-200 gr Philadelphia cheese
-150 gr icing sugar
zest of a medium orange

Mix the flour,baking powder and spices in a bowl. Add the sugar with the oil and beat in the eggs until smooth.Stir in the carrots and walnuts.
Place in a round tin 20cm with  nonstick baking paper.
For the frosting beat the cream cheese, mascarpone, icing sugar ,and orange zest.
Bake for 20-25 minutes

























No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Be sure to check back every day for new posts .

More Food,Blog Archive

Categories

brownies (1) butter (3) cake (1) carrot (1) cheese (1) chocolate (1) chutney's (1) cookies (3) Courgette (1) cutlery (1) Egg (2) feta (1) frosting (1) fruit (1) muffins (1) Onions (1) Pastry (1) peanut butter (1) shortbreads (1)