About Me

My photo
Hello,and welcome to my blog. My name is Dina.Born in Greece from an English mother and a Greek father,currently living with my Dutch fiance Dave in the Republic of Ireland. My intention is to share my favourite recipes,which hopefully will find supporters who will want to try them out. The cooking,photos and comments have all been done by me. Thank you and enjoy!

Monday 10 October 2011

Stir Fry

Hello my fellow foodies!
I hope everyone had a good weekend.I tried to keep my weekend as relaxed as possible,as it had been a very busy week.So didn't do too much cooking,but I did try a new dish,which I have been wanting to try for ages.So did all my shopping Friday afternoon,so I would be all ready for when I was going to cook it
I have had vegetable stir fry several times,it s my favourite dish when ordering Chinese take away.The last one was not too long ago,it was my first take away since I moved to Ireland,and I was very impressed.
So I thought I would give it a go.It'a an easy dish and can be very healthy.My version is meat free,so it's ideal  for vegetarians.
A few things you need to remember when making a stir fry.
1.Always use a wok
2.Make sure your have all your indigents ready ahead of time
3.If possible wash the vegetables ahead of time,so you are sure that they have drained properly

Ingredients
-6-7 white mushrooms sliced
-2 stalks of celery
-green beans
-5 cloves of garlic
-5-6 broccoli tips
-20gr of bean sprouts
-1/2 carrot
-1/2 red pepper
-2 large onions finely sliced
-Any other vegetable that you think will be a good combination
-200gr of fresh noodles
-Salt,pepper
-2tbsp of soya sauce
-2tbsp of vegetable oil

Step One
-Wash all your vegetables well and allow them to drain on a piece of kitchen paper or a clean kitchen towel

Step Two
-Make sure that the oil is very hot.

Everything works faster in a wok,so please be sure to have all your vegetables ready to go in.
-Add the onions,brown them well and then add the garlic paste.


-Add the mushrooms,peppers,broccoli,bean sprouts,and all the ingredients in the wok.
Keep stirring with a wooden spoon.
-Season well and add the soya sauce
-Add the noodles to the wok and keep stirring
-Noodle stir fry needs to be served as soon as it comes out of the wok.
It's a very very easy recipe,and with the right amount of vegetables can be very healthy.



Enjoy!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Be sure to check back every day for new posts .

More Food,Blog Archive

Categories

brownies (1) butter (3) cake (1) carrot (1) cheese (1) chocolate (1) chutney's (1) cookies (3) Courgette (1) cutlery (1) Egg (2) feta (1) frosting (1) fruit (1) muffins (1) Onions (1) Pastry (1) peanut butter (1) shortbreads (1)